Friday, April 16, 2010

Wedding Cake!

I love sampling wedding cake. When I was planning my wedding a few years ago, I went to Cappuccinos in Middletown, RI. When the four of us arrived for the cake sampling, we were seated in the designated cake sampling area of the bakery and were giving complimentary beverages, including cappuccino. Oo-la-la. It was a very pleasant experience.

At the time, cupcakes were the craze, but I still opted for the traditional wedding cake. Nowadays, brides opt for cupcakes, chocolates, chocolate fountains, dessert shots and dessert tables. As always, I encourage brides to use caterers and bakeries who use fresh, local ingredients.

Additional bakeries in the Newport and Bristol area:
It’s My Party
What bakery are you using?
Photo courtesy of It's My Party.

No comments: