Monday, January 18, 2010

Chocolate!


One of my favorite things to do when I’m in Newport is to buy chocolate! Not just any chocolate but a passion fruit dark chocolate from Laurent Vals Handcrafted Chocolates located at Newport Chocolates. Known as passionata, the website describes it as dark chocolate covertures enhanced with actual gold leaf and filled with a tropical burst of passion fruit infused ganache. It tastes as great as it sounds.

What I love about these chocolates, in addition to the incredible flavor, is their artistic design. They almost look too good to eat. They are elegant and make great wedding favors. Being a supporter of local businesses, I highly recommend locally made chocolates for wedding favors.

I first sampled passionata in May 2009 at a chocolate and wine tasting at Ferns and Flowers in Warwick, RI. I was hooked. I bought a chef’s selection box of chocolates for my mom for Mother’s Day. She loved them too.

If you get a chance to try a passionata or any other chocolates from Laurent Vals, please let me know what you think. Enjoy!
Passionata photo courtesy of Luarent Vals Handcrafted Chocolates.

No comments: